This system is the property of the Montana State Library (MSL), unauthorized use is a violation of 45-6-311. Unlawful use of a computer, MCA, and MSL policies. By continuing to use this system, you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use. Log off immediately if you do not agree to the conditions stated here.
By creating an account on the MSL Learn, you agree that you
- Not share your username and/or password with others
- Follow the Expectations for Online Conduct
You may terminate your use of MSL Learn at any time, either by ceasing to access it or by deleting your account. MSL Learn has no obligation to retain any of your accounts, course data, continuing education badges and certificates, or submitted content for any period of time.
Please note that MSL will review and may make changes to
effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective
date. By accessing MSL Learn after any changes have been made, you signify your
contained therein. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure
This privacy notice relates to user accounts created on this site. MSL takes your privacy very seriously. In order to provide access to this site, we need to collect and store the personal information you provide.
We collect the data that you provide when creating an account, such as name and email address. We also collect data about your activity on the site including, but not limited to, course completion records, evaluation feedback, and any contributions that you make within courses.
The personal information you provide is used only to permit
access to the online courses on this site and to verify course completion upon
request of the registered account holder. Personal information you share with
us and course completion records will not be shared with any third parties,
such as your library, administration, or place of employment, without explicit
written notification from you. Information provided by you within course
evaluation responses is used only for performing analysis of the use of our
site. General, non-identifiable, non-personal information is used for reporting
and marketing purposes.
For any trustee, library director, or other supervisor
wishing to monitor, track or have access to course completion records for
employees, explicit permission must be submitted from the account holder
to the State Librarian.
For further information, please see the MSL Statement
on Privacy and Confidentiality of Library Records and State of Montana Internet Privacy and Security Policy.
Expectations for Online Conduct
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the MSL Learn and for your user postings. "User Postings" include all content submitted, posted, published, or distributed on the MSL Learn by you or other users of the MSL Learn, including but not limited to all forum posts, wiki edits, notes, questions, comments, videos, and file uploads.
The following are prohibited:
- Plagiarism in any form;
- Content that defames, harasses, or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes on another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent, or unlawful, content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, malware, spyware, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property;
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others;
- Use of MSL Learn in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden, or impair any MSL Learn server or the network(s) connected to MSL Learn or to interfere with any other party's use of MSL Learn;
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to MSL Learn, other accounts, computer systems, or networks through any means;
- Attempts to obtain any materials or information stored on MSL Learn, its servers, or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through MSL Learn; and
- Misrepresenting or attempting to misrepresent your identity while using MSL Learn.
Violations and Termination
- Having any certificate or continuing education units earned in the course withheld;
- Being unenrolled from a course; or
- Termination of your use of MSL Learn.
If a determination of violation has been made that results in any sanction or suspension from use of the MSL Learn, you may appeal that decision in writing to the State Librarian within 7 workdays (1 week) of notification of the violation.
In that written appeal, please include:
Why you were suspended
Why you would like to be reinstated
Your appeal will be reviewed by the State Librarian and you will be notified via email of the result.