This system is the property of the Montana State Library (MSL), unauthorized use is a violation of 45-6-311. Unlawful use of a computer, MCA, and MSL policies. By continuing to use this system, you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use. Log off immediately if you do not agree to the conditions stated here.
By creating an account on the MSL_Learn, you agree that you will:
- Complete all tests and assignments on your own unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
- Complete all activities to your full ability and follow course instructions, requirements, and expectations as written.
- Complete all activities with honesty and academic integrity.
- Complete all activities in accordance with course timelines, and due dates.
- Complete responses to MSL_Learn facilitator or administration emails referencing your coursework within one week, (7 days), from the date of the email.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use your username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve your results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
Rules for Online Conduct
The following are strictly prohibited on the MSL_Learn:
- Plagiarism in any form; (automatic suspension)
- Content that defames, harasses, or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes on another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent, or unlawful, content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, malware, spyware, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property;
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others;
- Use of MSL_Learn in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden, or impair any MSL_Learn server or the network(s) connected to MSL_Learn or to interfere with any other party's use of MSL_Learn;
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to MSL_Learn, other accounts, computer systems, or networks through any means;
- Attempts to obtain any materials or information stored on MSL_Learn, its servers, or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through MSL_Learn; and
- Misrepresenting or attempting to misrepresent your identity while using MSL_Learn.
- Creating another account after being suspended from MSL_Learn use.
Violations and Termination
- Receiving a zero or no credit for an assignment;
- Having any certificate or continuing education units earned in the course withheld;
- Being unenrolled from a course; or
- Termination of your use of MSL_Learn.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of MSL_Learn, and MSL_Learn course providers.
If a determination of violation has been made that results in any sanction or suspension from use of the MSL_Learn, you may appeal that decision in writing to the Learning MSL_Learn Coordinator within 7 workdays (1 week) of notification of the violation.
In that written appeal, please include:
- Why you were suspended
- Why you would like to be reinstated
Your appeal will be reviewed by the MSL Continuing Education Coordinator and you will be notified via email of the result.
You may terminate your use of the Services at any time, either by ceasing to access them or by deleting your account. MSL_Learn has no obligation to retain any of your accounts, course data, renewal unit certificates, or submitted content for any period of time.
This privacy notice relates to user accounts created on this site. Montana State Library (MSL) takes your privacy very seriously. In order to provide access to this site, we need to collect and store the personal information you provide.
We collect the data that you provide when creating an account, such as name and email address. We also collect data about your activity on the site including, but not limited to, course completion records, evaluation feedback, and any contributions that you make within courses.
The personal information you provide is used only to permit
access to the online courses on this site and to verify course completion upon
request of the registered account holder. Personal information you share with
us and course completion records will not be shared with any third parties,
such as your library, administration, or place of employment, without explicit
written notification from you. Information provided by you within course
evaluation responses is used only for performing analysis of the use of our
site. General, non-identifiable, non-personal information is used for reporting
and marketing purposes.
For any trustee, library director, or other supervisor wishing to monitor, track or have
access to course completion records for employees, explicit permission must be
submitted from the account holder to email@example.com.
For further information, please see the State of Montana Internet Privacy and Security Policy.Accessibility Policy